pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Coconut-Pineapple Dream Cake

Check out my Easter Cards and things in my Etsy Shop!  


Aloha Mai! 
What do you have in store this weekend?  
Ikaika and I made a cake this week for DH's birthday.  LOL.  It's an awesome recipe I got from my Hula sister Kau'i.  It is a regular white cake, but the frosting has pineapple, cream cheese, coconut and whipped cream.  YUM!  

It's totally rich and totally yummy.  It even works when you are like me and don't like to cook and sometimes space and put all the ingredients in the frosting instead of layering it LOL! 
The pineapple made the frosting a little runny, but I managed to get it on the sides of the cake somehow and after refrigerating, it was fine. 
 

Kau'i's cake

Cake: make a yellow cake according to the package 9 x 13 or two round 9" pans

Frosting: 
8 oz cream cheese softnened
1 cup coconut milk
1 pkg (3.75 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 container (13.5 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed  (we use hip whip--tofu base)
1 1/3 C shredded coconut

Beat cream cheese with coconut mild and pudding; spread over cooled cake.

Spoon pineapple mixture over pudding mixture, then cover with whipped topping. 

Sprinkle with coconut.  

Chill.

Serves 20 (if you are not cake lovers LOL)

Pomai's tip:  ****Or you can just dump it all in (except whip cream) and mix it up LOL

Have a wonderful weekend!  I'll come back with a tutorial later this weekend. 
until then...
A hui hou!

1 comment:

scrappinkay said...

OMG, this sounds so yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe. As as I saw the title, I thought, oh, I hope she has the recipe for that.