pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Monday, January 21, 2008

Sneak Peek...




I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a creation I made over the weekend for my very first ScrapFriends Blog review coming up next week.  DS and DH went to see Eagles about 2 hours away from here and I had the house to myself.  What bliss!! 
I'll post here when the SF review comes out, but here is a sneak peek at one of the projects.
Today DS and I will be playing with Prima Paintables.  I was lucky that our LSS Urban Scrapbooker had a few of these in stock!  We are also going to read the book "The Old Man Who Was Crazy about Painting".  It has the most gorgeous illustrations, wood block engravings and also modern interpretations of them.  It takes place in Japan, but was translated from French.  The author is an illustrator.  So much eye candy!
Well, gotta run.  Have a wonderful day! 
a hui hou!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty - I can't wait to see what the entire thing looks like!

Kim said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS!! Great job...I can't wait to see the whole thing either!

Elisa K said...

OH I love the peek. I can't wait to see more. Loving the blog girl. I am linking ya up.. hehe

Amy Birch said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see the whole thing!!!

I've linked your blog!!! You always have such eye candy, Pomaika`i!!!

Julie said...

gorgeous sneak peak!

~Julie from Scrapdango

Lynn Anne said...

ohh, sweet!

I *love* children's book illustrations...wow, esp now that my kids are in the not-quite-early-reader volumes. This stuff is sooo beautiful, wish grownup books would come with such beautiful artwork!

Have fun with the Paintables!! They are SOOO much fun to play around with (and too easy to hoarde!)