pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Monday, January 14, 2008

'Till the chickens come home to roost


Aloha!  

You might ask how I am doing with my LOAD challenge.  So far I’ve created 13 LO and it’s the 14th, so I think that’s pretty good.  I’ve squeezed in 3 cards and an altered mini album, so I’m really pleased with my progress.  


Here ‘s a little card I created with scraps from a mini album I created as a mini-album sample for Brooke’s store the Urban Scrapbooker.  I’ll try to post that in the gallery soon.  


Some special techniques I used for this card were: 

embossing with Utee on the chickens, and regular embossing powder on the brads and the chicken wire. 

Cutting out a couple of panels in the chicken wire design.


I used a zig embossing pen to outline the wire, color in the chickens, and start the brads.  I found that the powder did not stick onto the brad very well, so after I heated up what I did get to stick, I just dumped the heated brad into the embossing powder and heated again.  


Supplies: PP-Reminisce, Ribbon-Offray, Utee, Embossing powder-Candy Store.


I hope you enjoyed this project.  Until next time...

A hui hou!


No comments: