pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Playing with wax...sort of


Aloha Mai,
So what have I been doing this week?  I've been playing with product called Rub 'n Buff by AMACO.  It's a wax metallic finish that goes on like paint and shines when you buff it, kind of like when you wax your car.  It's awesome for getting an antiqued look.  My full product review will come out at Scrapfriends before the end of the month, I'll post the link.  Meanwhile, I really like how this little project turned out!  

It's just a little thrift store frame, some Stazon ink and Inque Boutique stamps and home pressed flowers.  I added some Tim Holz alcohol ink on the edges of the glass for fun.  The large flower is a calendula from our yard, and believe it or not I found the fossil leaf outside, it's not from a bag LOL.  Looking at this project brightens my day now that Fall is here and the weather is cold again.  


This week I've been finishing all sorts of projects because next week Skate America is in town and DS and I will be helping out with the event as volunteers.  I'll get to greet the athletes and their support people at the airport and also send them off after the event!  DS will be a flowersweeper (the kids who collect the things thrown on the ice after a skater finishes) and also a helper in one of the award ceremonies!  If you watch on TV, look for him on Saturday night late.  

Well, have a great one!  
a hui hou! 


No comments: