pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Love Cards!!!

    
Aloha Mai,
Remember those store bought valentines that you got when you were a kid?  Here is my version of them for a challenge on the last round of the Queen Kat Blog Challenge.  I used some of the left overs of the Daisy D's paper that I received for a Scrapfriends review that is coming up soon.  Here is the back of the cards, just like the old days! 


Day two: Challenge was to create a card using information from a historical even on that same date.  I chose March 9th (my cousin and my DH's BD) which I found out happens to be the day that Barbie was introduced at a toy fair in NY in 1959, and also the day that the first Ford Mustang was unveiled in 1964.  




The third challenge was to use a shrinky dink on a card.  My shrinky dink happens to be a stamped image from Inque Boutique.  

I had a lot of fun with these.  If you are interested in any of them, please check my Etsy shop for a variety of handmade cards!

a hui hou!  Thanks for visiting!

No comments: