pomaika`i: my work, my thoughts and my reflections. living with aloha

Monday, February 25, 2008

Ramblin' Thoughts

Aloha Mai,
I just wanted to say "howzit" and send my good wishes to you.  I've been having a really good week and hope that everyone else it too!   As you might know I'm playing the Survivor game over at Making Memories For You.  We are in the last day of Challenge #5 and the competition is fierce.  Let me tell you, there are some really talented ladies playing this game.  

Speaking of talent, I see it all around me every day, on every scrapbooking site I visit.  I love it that people are expressing themselves on paper, with words, with pictures, cutting and pasting.  I read a comment on a board today where the woman said that thought that she would not post her LO because she felt that it didn't match up to what was in the gallery.  This made me feel so sad.  I think we all feel that way at times, but if we continue to compare ourselves to others, we will never really be able to express who we are inside.  What you think is junk might touch someone in a special way.  

Sometimes we all get caught up in the world of gorgeous layouts judged by someone else's standards.  It's especially easy to do this when we are trying out for design teams and joining contests.   I go in stages of feeling good and not feeling good about my art. When I feel down, I really try to remember that my work is me.  I am who I am and I do what I do.  I need to be true to that, and love who I am, and what I do no matter if it looks gorgeous to others or not.  

My wish for you tonite is that you can find the beauty in your work today!
Thanks for listening! 
A hui hou! 

No comments: